Cannot call this method without a back buffer

IT team. Must be nice.

NVIDIA Quadro M2000 is the only enabled Display adapter. Dynamo in Revit 2021 is still unstable in terms of back buffer. Dynamo in Revit 2020 has always been stable.

It’s interesting that Revit 2021 has apparently diverged so far from Revit 2020 that stable operation of Revit 2020 in a given environment cannot be used as an indicator of proper system configuration for Revit 2021.

Non-standard operating environment or not, I would not expect this to be the case.

-Jake

The amount of changes in recent builds haven’t been trivial…. Between cloud worksharing, real time rendering (where I think this may stem from), performance enhancements and so much more to come this release… I’d assume that non-standard hardware could need to be reconfigured annually as part of your roll out plans.

I think your best bet now is to submit a ticket to my colleagues in support via the Autodesk account portal, see if they have any similar reports, and provide them any needed info or remote support sessions so they can ID the cause.

I have same problem with Civil 3D 2021. Does anyone ran it a issue like that?

Just received this error message. Does this have anything to do with the geometry previews inthe background of the dynamo-graphs? Everything was running fine until I was generation geometry through a script i’ve run…maybe 100-200 times. (My fan was also running pretty hard before I opened my current graph.)

Not running remote; working locally on my laptop.

Doesn’t seem to affect what I actually need dynamo to do to the modell elements…I am curious as to what this actually affects.

Likely your CPU wasn’t leveraging the discrete card or got lost half way between the two cards, perhaps because it was already over taxed or otherwise occupied. Try restarting the CPU and see if that fixes it.