Invalid Operator Exception error

Error Message

Please see the attached image. How can I eliminate this error? Is this produced by a Custom Package?

i believe is due to you graphic card settings, if you are using a laptop, try setting your default 3d rendering device as your gpu instead of your processor (by defualt is processor)

@JKRevit by any chance are you accessing Dynamo via a remote connection to a desktop back at the office?

Yes, I have been remoting into my office via VPN since mid-March. That would apply to all things Autodesk. The error is not preventing me, (for now), from editing
graphs.

Thanks for your reply,

Jim

image001.png

JK;

Thanks for your reply. Jacob Small at Autodesk thought this may be due to me accessing Dynamo via VPN. The IT folks at my company probably wouldn’t be happy if
I started messing with my gpu.

Jim

image001.png

This is something which we have seen in a few remote setups. The result should only impact your dynamo 3D geometry display, not necessarily the Revit one. Data will still be processed, but no geometry will be displayed.

Have you been experiencing it since mid-March or is this new?

Jacob;

I’ve been working intermittently with Dynamo off the clock while I’ve been at home. I think I noticed it for the first time a week ago. As you said, data is still
processing.

Jim

image001.png

If it ‘started’ happening after the fact can you ask your IT if they. Hanged any aspect of the remote connection?

Jacob;

What do you mean by “hanging” an aspect of the Remote connection?

Thanks for following up,

Jim

image001.png

Sorry - phone typo. Has any aspect on the remote system changed. :slight_smile: