Camber Feedback Thread

It’s for these. Probably not a widely-used thing, but it wasn’t hard to add so I just put it in.

2 Likes

Hi @mzjensen Thanks was eagerly waiting for this.

For Civil 3D 2020.4 and Bellow dynamo version i can see some of the sections in Package are missing.

For Ex. Labels in civil 3D tab.

Hi @shahid.shaikh_C3D,

That’s pretty strange…I don’t get that behavior when I test with C3D 2020. Can you try uninstalling and reinstalling the package?

@mzjensen i cant get it right even after reinstallation, below notification i get after installation. Dont know if its only me or others are facing this issue too.

1 Like

Ah OK that makes more sense. Data shortcuts were not available in the API until C3D 2020.6. If you’re able to update, then it should at least load the library, although not all of the data shortcut nodes will work.

2 Likes

I’m curious though, was it also not working for previous versions of Camber? The references haven’t changed…

@mzjensen Do you have any nodes to create Connected Profile?

Hi @craigp,

As far as I’m aware there is no functionality in the Civil 3D API to create Connected Profiles, so unfortunately it isn’t possible to create nodes for it.

To be honest didnt had a complete list of nodes to check against and yes i only had 2020.4 installed in my system so only noticed it when Labels nodes section was missing after installation of 2.0 it was working for previous versions.

Can you provide me a quick snip for examples of inputs for your label nodes in the camber package?
I am having trouble finding inputs for your nodes of type: Camber.Civil.Labels.Label.

If I wanted to work with Structure and/or Pipe labels how could I accomplish this using Camber?

Thanks!

Hi @hestingjj,

Sure thing. Does this help?

Where is your Convert to Camber Object node saved at? That is a great node! Just can’t find it.

It should be at the root level of the package library. If you don’t see it, then you probably need to download the latest version (v2.0.0).

Are several of your nodes from the 1.0.1 release not available anymore with Version 2.0.0? I am getting quite a few unresolved nodes now that I updated to 2.0.

Hmm…all of those nodes are still there and weren’t modified in v2.0.0, so that’s a little strange that they are unresolved. Which version of Civil 3D are you running?

Also, what is the warning on the Structure Label Styles node?

The error is Internal Error Dereferencing a Non-Pointer. Is my Dynamo outdated to run your updated package?

OK the version should be fine. Would you mind sending me the DWG and DYN files so I can test? You can send a personal message if you’d like. Please send the versions that were working with 1.0.1, not after saving with 2.0.0.

Sent you a PM. Thanks for your help!

Hi all,

Thanks to @shahid.shaikh_C3D and @hestingjj, I’ve become aware of an issue that will affect anyone using a version of Civil 3D less than 2022.1. You will likely see some type of error after installing Camber v2.0.0 that says “Failed to load library…” and portions of the Camber library may not show up as expected. This is because several of the nodes in Camber v2.0.0 rely on new additions to the Civil 3D API that were included in the 2022.1 update.

For now, your options are to (1) upgrade Civil 3D to 2022.1 if you can, or (2) stick with Camber v1.0.1 until I’m able to put together a fix. Sorry for the inconvenience! Next time you meet a developer that builds software to support multiple versions, give them a thumbs up…because it isn’t easy :slight_smile:

9 Likes

1000 times this. One slight change to accommodate new feature X can break features A-W into a million little pieces.

1 Like