Beginner: Finding Points of Intersection

I am trying to learn this software with minimal background during my down time at work.

I am trying to create a pyramid that I can manipulate size and shape of the base. I have the beginnings…I think. I am just not sure how to extract the geometrical shape so that I can then so a Solid.ByLoft to a point. I was trying to get the intersection points, but I don’t know how to do it with a list and I can’t seem to find anything online. Thanks for any assistance.

Hello Hawkins!

This may get you started :slight_smile:

First of all you’ll need to use lacing and the Cross Product option to force the node to check every single possible interaction between your inputs - i.e the lines.

This will result in a giant set of nested lists containing both Points and Lines - so we Flatten it and remove any item that isn’t a point (As we don’t want lines!).

If you look at the output of this list, however, you’ll notice we have more than the 5 points we desire - and if you interrogate their outputs you’ll also see (Either in graphical form in the background, or in the preview bubble) that some are sitting on top of each other. So we can then Prune the duplicates to remove any erroneous points.

Please note, under your current graph set-up, you’ll have two sets of points. I’ve made your original lines a lot smaller :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi do you know why my dynamo return as false ? These line definitely intersect with solid blocks

Please help thanks