Batch print PDF using Dynamo

Hi @Denish97
It is possible to set a default destination and suppress newly PDFd files from opening in Adobe PDF.
This is done in your PC’s ‘Printer and Scanner’ settings:
Printers and Scanners > Adobe PDF > Manage > Printing Preferences

Note that these are the default settings for Adobe PDF on your PC. You will not have much joy if you try this through the settings dialogue within REVIT.
For what it’s worth all file naming works well with our Dynamo batch PDF script through Adobe PDF.

I hope that helps…

I’ve managed to solve it. Thank you. I still have one problem remaining and that is that it prints in greyscale even though it says RBG in the settings as you can see in the picture below. How do I solve this?

When I use Adobe PDF it saves the PDF-files in the wrong directory even though I’m using the exact same script as when I used PDFCreator. It also prints in greyscale. I would like to be able to choose the directory path within Dynamo and not have to go in to the printer settings every time I want to change the destination. Adobe PDF also prints in horrible image quality compared to other printers. Maybe there is a way to fix that?

The script runs without any errors when using Bluebeam PDF as the printer but it never actually prints anything. The folder is empty. Do you know why?

I have managed to create a script that works when using PDFCreator as the printer. The only problem I have is that it prints in greyscale. If anyone could help me solve this I would be forever grateful.

I believe that is an issue with your own printsettings.
Can you verify your printsettings do not have grayscale enabled?

It works fine now. Thank you for the help! :slight_smile:
It would be nice if other printers like Blubeam PDF or Microsoft Print to PDF worked just as fine as PDFCreator.

2 Likes

Can you share your .dyn file for example? Where can i find node “Print PDF (Multiple formats)”. Thank you in advance.

Hi volkovvd17, and welcome :slight_smile:
You should download the geniusloci package.

With that package you are able to recreate the graph in this post.

1 Like

Thanks!

IT Works!!!
But I cant create multiple printer settings. ( I have 187 sheets, and 11 unique formats). I want create universe script which can read sheet parameter ( pre-written format) and apply it by key.

I had a similar problem.

Since you cant be certain the sheet parameter “Size” has been filled in correctly i would create a dictionairy like this:

This graph gets the titleblock’s sheet height and width, adds them together to create a key( for example A0 key is 841.1189 ) i added the print setting name in a list of values at the same index as the key.

This way you can quickly determine papersizes and link them to the correct sheets.

I have 64 different paper sizes so it’s probably a good idea to keep an excel with these keys and values for your own administration, easier to keep track of :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

You can also use the * Sheet Size * node to match the sheet dimensions with a dictionary and get the correct print settings.
Sheet Size
As @MVE1112 showed it, the easier is to use the Print Settings ByName node.
Print Settings ByName

1 Like

Hm… Its removes the problem, thanks. What pakage contais this node? image

Thats from the ‘Spring nodes’ package :slight_smile:

Hello,

I realize this topic is rather old but i am running into an issue with my PDF Printer.

It was working fine, but now it has a weird error where color drops of from regions of the sheet with PDF Creator.

Now im trying to use PDF-Xchange Standard to print PDF Files, but i cant find an option to define filepath and filename from whatever dynamo puts through.

How did you manage to use that script with PDF Xchange Standard with an automated filename in Revit?