Batch export from Revit to IFC

HI Mikkel,

The explanation is there : Cannot close a linked file
You have two linked files in you list of Revit documents so this behaviour is expected.
It would be exactly the same in Revit : to open a linked file from the host document you must unload it.

You must do the same process as in post 12.

1 Like

All of the files are central files. However, the files are linked into each other.

Normally opening 2 Revit files with the same links in one Revit instance can create problems as causing links to unload, could it be what is causing the issue? - Just a guess.

I managed to find a workaround. Since my files have absolute links, i just copied them to a new location, prior to exporting the views; thereby “detaching” the links causing the problems. This seems to work for now.

I can’t seem to make your custom node from post 14 work, which probably could have done the trick. :slight_smile:
Do need a specific version of Dynamo to run this one?

I really appreciate your time and help! :smiley:

(EDITED)

Glad you figured it out !
The Unload RevitLinkType from document node is in the latest update of Genius Loci package.

That exactly what I was trying to explain.

1 Like

Hi Alban

Could you maybe share the “small change” you made to “Unload RevitLinkType from Document”? I have tried to change the Python part in the node but without any luck. billede

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

The node has already been updated in the latest versions of the Genius Loci package.

Thank you embarrassed

Hello,

I’ve been trying to get this code to work but keep getting a result of “Null”.
Is there something I’m missing? Am new to dynamo so apologies if its something basic. Am using Revit 2019

Thanks

InkedIFC%20Batch%20Export_LI

Thanks Marcel,

I’ve tried that a couple of times but am still getting same result

try to make the graph exactly as in post 3
you have more inputs missing

Hi,

You have to connect the view elements in the input views and not strings.

Thanks for your responses. I’ve tried connecting the view elements and get the same result. I’ve also recreated post 3 and am also getting “null”. Have attached screenshots of both

Hi,

It’s probably a list level issue.
Add a List.Flatten node before the inputs views and filenames :
flatten

Example :

Great - this seems to have sorted it! Thanks so much!

Thanks. Great help! But I am not able to find the following node. Can you please help ?

Hi,

This node exists in many packages.
In Rhythm, Genius Loci and other.

1 Like

Thanks

Bonjour Alban, Could you please suggest something on this?

i think this workflow is for project files, not families.