Batch Creation of Room tags in all views

I am getting a strange behavior when I use this script to create room tags in my model. My model is MEP, so I am grabbing the rooms from the archs link. The script is running as if there are no erros, but my room tags are not showing up, instead I am seeing this tiny blue dots appear instead. The blue dots look to be the room tags as they are in the right location per room. Any assistance is much appreciated!

I tried to upload the script but it wont let because Im a new user it says :frowning:

And this is what I see in Revit

I am not familiar with the Create Annotation Tag node, nor tagging linked elements in general, but I believe that you need a different approach to your view input.

I would make the list of views correspond to the list of rooms/location points. I also think you’ll want to use something else than List.Cycle; rather group your rooms so that each group of rooms match a single view, with only one view for each level

Hi,

Did you tried to tag without cycling the views ?

If that does not work, you could use the modified version of the archilab node.

1 Like

Hi Yes I just tried it without cycling views, same result. Im getting this traceback: image

Saying the object has no attribute id. I use examples from this thread http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/room-tagging/ - but in this same thread @Konrad_K_Sobon mentioned that the tags may be location wise due to the linked models shared coordinates. He mentions a TotalTransform property, but I am unable to find the node he is referring to… I have a feeling that may be the issue.

Here is a link to download the scripts: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QPDKt-qwuFbYGcQPce_HajYg-wxrZISy/view?usp=sharing

Hi @sebastianjust.jensen Im going to try that route also and see if it hepls. Any suggestions on how I would get all the rooms per view?

Did you ever get this to work? I am attempting the same thing and I am getting blue dots as well

1 Like

Any resolution for this? I am facing the same issue!

Hi Tania,

Yes I did get a script to finally work. The blue dots represent the center of the room logically and are only temporarily, The reason I found the room tags did not show up is that I was not getting the global transform from the link model and making sure the location of the room tags had the transform taken into account. Sorry I don’t have my scripts available right this moment, but if you need to see an example let me know and I will punch it up tomorrow for you.

Thank you Steve, it would be amazing if you could share an example for this. I am glad that at least these cheeky room tags led me to this amazing forum!

Hi @SteveG ,
Can you please share your final script.
I tried all the solutions that i found in different forums.
Nothing worked
We have to tag 12 models and 7 levels in each one of them.
So this solution wil save our lives!!
Thanks a lot.

Hi,

What difficulties did you encounter ?

Example :

@Alban_de_Chasteigner
Hi,
Here the pictures of what i get with this script.
Thanks a lot.

If you’re using Revit 2017 or earlier, use the Create Annotation Tag (Multi-Category) node.

If this is not the case, create a new topic and add a test file.

1 Like

@Alban_de_Chasteigner
Hi,
I’m sorry to insist but it’s not working.
Please see below the pictures.
Yes i’m using revit 2017.2
here i tried to test with a small model (only 14 rooms) as linked model.
Best regards;ART-annotations pièces2.dyn (21.2 KB)

The node works as expected, regardless of the language used by Revit.
If you are using an older version of the package, update it.

1 Like

I think you are only getting the room locations which is different than the xyz location from the link, you have to use the transform coordinates to get the correct locations. Those blue dots mean the tags are being created just not in the correct location, so they are off the view to say. Get the transform from the link then apply that to the tag locations and you should be good to go. Thats the same issue that threw me for a loop for a while!

1 Like