Bang! for Dynamo Update

Hi @jamesd101, I removed that functionality in favor of the dropdowns. Let me go ahead and add that back to the package eventually.

Fantastic, I look forward to seeing it. Thanks for the help

1 Like

Thanks John, I was also looking for this functionality.

1 Like

Hi John,

I still don’t see the node WarningsTools.GetWarnings to your latest package. Is it possible to bring that back?

Thanks

Actually this is still in the package, just not visible in the UI. (I can revised that in an update)

But it the meantime you can do the following:

The update is now live!

1 Like

Thanks a lot John.

1 Like

Hi John,
I just noticed the dropdown node for warnings in the latest update has disappeared. We need both nodes: WarningTools,GetWarnings and All Warnings of Type. Please!

That should not be the case, which version of Revit/Dynamo are you in?

Hi John,

I am using Revit 2018 and Dynamo 1.34
The node that I am not seeing is “All Warnings of Type”.

Thank You

In the library, navigate to bang and see if you have a selection category. Also, what does the yellow error say?

Hi John,
This is what I see under Selection category:

Thanks for the info. Let me do some more digging.

Figured it out. I recently swapped to using a desktop and forgot to sync some of the old code from my laptop to the new package. :man_facepalming:

This is now updated and is version 2019.3.1

3 Likes

Hi John

Fantastic work!

Is there a way to customize the serverity for the warnings?

Hi @jgu!

Thanks for the kind words. Unfortunately, I do not think there is a way to modify the severity of the warning element itself since these are defined by Revit.

This seems to be the case for the time being as there is only a method to get the severity.

Hi @john_pierson

I know this is an old thread, but my problem is similar to what was discussed here so I decided to post my issue here.
I am trying to get a list of all the unique types of warnings, similar to the result list of the node “All Warnings of Type” in the Bang package you developed really nice. I would also need to count the occurrence of each unique warning.
Can you please tell me if there is a way to achieve that?
Thank you !

If you just want to count each occurrence it is really simple with the get warnings node.

This is not exactly what I want to achive, I want to get a list with all the unique warning types and the occurrence of each warning type. For example, the warnings which have an equipment specified in their name can’t be filtered out with the List. Occurrences node even though the warning is the same, the name is different and they appear as different warning types. I saw that you obtained this in the dropdown list of the node All Warning of Type and I was wondering if ther is a way to get that list.

Thank you!

my node is simply grouping by unique warning text.

Working out a solution for your specific needs is going to prove difficult without any samples.

However, I think you can remove the first characters from the warnings to achieve what you want.

Keep in mind the above example is most likely not exactly what you need. But, the idea is there. “Group warnings by a modified string”