Automatic Views Onto Sheets

Hello All,
I am trying to get my Revit Views to automatically be placed onto sheets. As I am a new user I cannot upload anything…

I first was able to get all the views and then figure out how to separate them so that only my views with “Plumbing” in the name are selected. I used “Get View Discipline Name by Code” and filtered my list out so only plumbing is listed. That is great but its out putting as a system object not a view, which is what the node requires. The node that I am using is “Sheet.ByNameNumberTitleBlockAndView.” The inputs are sheetName, sheetNumber, titleBlockFamilyType, and view. Everything is good except for view. How can I get my filtered list to keep a view association?

There are many way to filter views in Revit and many topic too, I think you could use shared parameters and add to views, then filter them by parameter value.

OK I will try that.

It is driving me crazy that I cannot select only items in my list that is generated though. In the Get All Views node I have Floor Plans connected. I can convert them all to a string and get it to output all containing the string Plumbing, but it is no longer a view, and therefore wont work in the node I need. How can I take the list of floor plans generated and select only the ones containing the plumbing views?

1 Like

Thank you! It seems that I was using Element.String node instead of Element.Name node. Whew, it works now!