Auto dimension for pipe fittings

i used mepover to get the tap fittings on a pipe, and managed to get points, draw line thru points, offset done.
the final step, dimension, can not get any neigther lement reference nor geometry reference.

who can help me to dimension points?
thanks

this is the nodes

Hello @fsmike72 and welcome…probably something here could help…

Revit_8q2FWkPhh5

1 Like

thanks for helping, my case is tap not tee. mepover has node, select a pipe will automaticaly pick taps attached on(the pipe is not broken segments, it is whole but has some holes on it). you example is tee which breaks pipe in segments.
what i am struglling is how to dimension 2 or more points, or put in another way, how to dimension length of line made by 2 points

dear Sovitek
could you please send me a screen shot or dyn file, i can not pause the video to see the nodes

sorry dont have it anymore…but basicly i use genius loci for create the dimension and get the reference…

for get the open connector/endpoint on the main pipe i use mepover…try it and show us if its gone wrong

Here is a rough example for both tee and tap…try if it could work for you

1 Like

dear Sovitek, could you please share the dyn file please?

its just a quick example and i dont save it, try if you can follow and if you go stuck, just show where with an image of your graph expanded and the community will try help you

dear Sovitek
since i have sorted out points, and have drawn lines by those points, is there any possibilities i can use those points or lines as reference? it is straight foward if worked

not sure, you will need get the reference from your taps and tee itself with familyinstancebyrefline from genius loci and for systemfamily [ducts] use element,point reference