I will try to explain my problem. As a study, I am trying to do the beams of a Monorail. The “path” of the monorail is given by a curve on Autodesk Civil 3D.
My current solution is:
- I made an adaptive component for the beam element.
- That adaptive component has 3 adaptive points
- On Autodesk Civil 3D, I export the “path” to an excel spreadsheet so I can have the coordinates (x, y, z) for every point in the path.
- Because the beam length is 30 m and I have 3 points for every beam, I have set Autodesk Civil 3D to give me points every 15 meters.
- I made a script on Dynamo that reads those points and place the beams.
Everything is working fine, and my current solution looks like this:
My question is:
I am not confortable with that solution, what I would like to do is give a path as an input for my adaptive component, and not points from an excel spreadsheet.
Is that possible? How you solve that kind of problem?