Placing Objects on path and aligning them

Hello Dynamites, i wanna place objects along a path an align them to the path. But my Code dose not work :confused: . I hope you can help me :slight_smile:

Hello @Jan-Julius.Hansen and welcome :wink: try something here…

1 Like

Amigo @Jan-Julius.Hansen buenas, the solution of @sovitek is an elegant one, try use Curve.CoordinateSystematsegmentLength may be works too, check this post

1 Like

Yes @gilberto.arechigaiba …could definitly be made by a coordinatesystem as well :wink:

Thank you! :slight_smile: Now my family is align but in the wrong direction. i want to turn them 90 degrees

@sovitek, I too am having an issue of aligning and rotating an element to a curve. In my case, I’m trying to insert a Generic Model representing Fireproofing around a Beam. I find that the recommended Solid.ThinShell node breaks when Structural Connections are added to the framing members. I am able to get my diagram to grab the curve of the beam, set a point midway, and align the vector. As you can see, I’m unable to achieve true alignment on two of the beams that are not aligned x and y. Am I missing something in my diagram?

1 Like

@sovitek Here is the result in Revit.!
image|690x337

1 Like

Hello @billk.vjss and welcome here…Not sure what you ask about,but please make a new topic as i dont see any connection with the original… :wink:

1 Like