Sweap from excel for bridge modeling problem

Hi,

I am new to Dynamo and I begin to understand it’s power.

I am trying to import a coordinates excel and create a nurbscurve by points. (Ok with that)
And after to add a structural framing beam by curve but I have this error message. “Unable to obtain a plane for the curve driven instance”

Can someone tell me what is wrong ?

Thanks by advance![Home_2020-05-22_11-28-44|690x201]

Looks like family you are using requires a uniform curve, but you have fed it a nurbs curve which is short for non-uniform rational b-spline.

I believe that to work with such geometries you will have to change to an adaptive component beam family.

Thank you for your precious advice.

I learned how to create an adaptive component.

Now I have another issue. There are voids between the elements at each points of the curves in the bigger arc and the elements are on the others in the smaller arc.

Is there something wrong with my adaptive component ?

Thanks

Maybe this helps

Thank you Marcel,

I tried but I think it works only with adaptative panels.
I need 2 adaptives points and after somes tries it seems to does not work with a 3D curve.

Do you need a 2 point family or a 4 point family?

I am not sure.
Maybe 4 is the solution. 1 and 2 for the central path and 3 and 4 for the left en right side of the shape ?

I use the node adaptivefamilytwopointsbycurve from PracticalBIM. Maybe the problem is here…

Ah! I thought your points were on the other side. I think you want 3 points - start, center, end.

Then I think you want one of these Dynamo Dictionary with values of [-1,1,2] as the second inout, followed by one of these Dynamo Dictionary and finally Dynamo Dictionary.

List lacing and levels will matter here.

Its a long read, but this guy has a different approach.

You lost me this time :grinning:

Is it possible to show me what you tried to explain ?

Wow very interesting but very difficult.
The problem in my country is nobody use civil 3D to design roads. They use Covadis or Mensura…

I keep the videos to try to understand all the hard work done by theses guys.

Thank you

I think he just uses Civil 3D to extract some points.
You already have those points.

Maybe you can contact @Dieter_Vermeulen