Assembly Instance Views

Hi,

I’m new here and new to Dynamo and only a year or so with Revit. I have been searching, so if this has already been discussed somewhere please let me know as I can’t find what I am looking for.

I am trying to create assembly views based off of the assembly name. I am using Tool.AssemblyViews which from what I have observed takes instances not type.

For example, I have 5 assemblies and I only want to create the views for the “Test” assemblies.
Test 001
Test 002
Other 001
Other 002
Other 003

I can get it to filter by the Type Name, but I can’t find a way to then make that list go back to its instance ID that then goes into Tool.AseemblyViews.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I feel like I am missing something simple.

Why arent you filtering elements that come from All Elements of Type?

Hi Bryce,

If you only want to filter the “Assembly Instances” (like you asked), you can do it as below.

FilterAssemblyInstances.dyn (5.7 KB)

If you also want to filter for “Unique Assembly Instances” you could use this Dynamo Graph.

FilterUniqueAssemblyInstances.dyn (12.1 KB)

Kind regards,
Mark

@Jan_Secnik I wasn’t filtering after All Elements of Type because I simply didn’t know how or if it was possible. I believed there was a way, but I’m still very new to Dynamo and the logic/syntax of coding it correctly. I was so focused on Type Name that I thought I needed to take the family instance to family type first to filter.

Mark (@MJB-online), Thank you! I knew there was a way, but I just don’t have that experience yet. It is much more simple than what I was attempting to do. Thank you for the “Unique Assembly Instances” too. I have lots to learn.