As indicated Sheet legend

Hi Guys,

I’m new using Dynamo and I’m trying to put automatically the scales in my languages once I have more than one view in the sheet.

Firstly I created a shared parameter and insert in my tittle block.

But my dynamo script stills not working.

Hi @crisrr,

Welcome to the community!

I haven’t rebuilt to test, however i suspect its because the output from your Element.GetParameterValueByName Node is a variable and not a string. So put in a String from Object node between it and your String.Replace node.

Next is where I am unsure…? What are you trying to achieve? If you are wanting to change “As indicated” to Spanish then you have to plug in your String.Replace to the values port. Then connect the parameter’s name into the *parameterNames port.

However, if this is the OOTB Scale parameter, it won’t work. As the parameter’s value is generated by the family and not the user. For my sheets, I made a new shared parameter in my title Block called “Scale Override” and have that as my scale indication for my sheets.

Scale Override

Best,
Ben

Hi Ben,

Many thanks for your reply.

Your solution is easiest then mine but my team is noob in revit and i have afraid than they don’t change the scale parameter. But I will try using only the new parameter instead using dynamo and make some magic :slight_smile:

Many thanks

@crisrr,

The reason i use this parameter is because when I add a legend view it always changes to “As Indicated”. There might still be a means to automate this new parameter with Dynamo. Just have to see what works for your organisation.

For me, my sheet numbers indicate a lot about the sheet’s contents. So I have basic script (much like yours above) that looks at the sheet number parameter and adds in the information to relevant parameters. Such as “Building”, “Level” based on the parameter’s value. I then have just defaulted String value applied to the remaining parameters (such as Originator, Checker, Discipline, etc). Which, as we have Dynamo Player, can be altered by the user before running. Its basic but it saves a lot of manual input!

For scale, i could alter my script to look at the code or the name. Such as, my numbers for 1:00 always are 0001, 0002 etc. Whereas my 1:50 sheets are ether 0010 or 0020 or 0050. So i could write something for that or base it on the Sheet Name being “Overall Layout” is 1:100 whereas everything else is 1:50.

As long as there is a consistent logic / pattern for you to code against. You can certainly automate the process a bit further.

If you have a notion like that come back and see if we can get it working :ok_hand:

Best,
Ben