Any short way to write parameter names instead of writing manually?

Hi, I need to write around 20 parameters and its values to excel by separating parameters in one column and its values in another column.
is there any way to get multiple parameter’s values without typing parameter name? typing each parameter name with its exact character seems headache.
I was trying to give parameter name to “Element.GetParameterValueByName” node by pulling out all parameters of the element, but the problem is its value also coming with that as shown in attached image.
Is there any way to filter out RHS value in order to get only parameter name and vice versa in order to get parameter value separately?

Hi @azhar.alikoya ,

You can get only the parameter names using Parameter.Name.
From there you can use those values as parameterName input in the Element.GetParameterValueByName node.

Hi @Daan , Great!! it pulled out only the parameter names i needed. But the problem is values are not getting properly as attached imaged. I’m a beginner sorry for any basic level questions.

It’s a bit of an old chestnut - there are element instance parameters and element type parameters, you will need to access both the element and it’s type to get more complete information

Or just do this :rofl:

1 Like

Yes Mike…good to use/know specielly if we had identical parameter names e.g curtain walls etc…

1 Like

This is good practice as it is retrieving the value from the actual parameter - not interpreting the name which will likely return the first result. You can see value at index 8 is different between the screenshots
DynamoRevit C# code is here

1 Like

@Mike.Buttery ah yes forgot about that for a minute. I know that Rhythm has a node to retrieve the parametervalue for both instance and type parameters at the same time, that should work aswel, and then you already have it in 1 list.

1 Like

@Daan I’m certain that Clockwork had one as well although they seem to be depreciated
You still have to do Element.Type but way more comprehensive

Great! this one worked for me ,i could separate element parameter name and values using “Element.Parameters” node and then pulled “Parameter.Name” node and “Parameter.Value” nodes from it, as my goal was to export these data to excel and separate them in columns.
I was concerned only about type property as that was my requirement.
After export to excel i made slight formatting in excel to looks better.
I’ve shared the full graph here, and excel sheet snip shot as well.
Thank you all for the help

1 Like