Another Spell Check Thread - Schedules

Hello. I am very new to Dynamo and trying to teach myself with youtube videos and the like. I have searched the forum and didn’t find what I was looking for, at least not the way I think it needs to work.

We use noteblocks and schedules for our coded notes. We need a way to spell check them since Revit cannot spell check schedules. So I am trying to write a graph that will export our notes to excel and them a second one to import it back in.

I have tried several different ways one using a categories node for schedules. It kinda worked but gave me issues.

Then i tried a categories node for generic annotations. It worked better but I am having trouble with the lists. I can get it to export, but things are in different order and there are a bunch of blank lines between groups. Not sure if this is an issue.

Then I tried a family type using the family we are using for our notes, but that seemed like a step backwards…

Anyway… I am obviously missing something but I am not 100% sure that I am even looking down the right road. As i said above I am using youtube videos or blogs and several do similar things to what I want to do but they are checking different things. I am trying to piecemeal stuff together but its not working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I stumbled on another video. This one used the item Id’s which I think helps, but when I go back to import it I get the error that my parameter wasn’t found by that name…

can you post what you have so far? DYN script

Actually since my last post I somehow figured it out. My last time running it, it came back with errors but still seemed to complete what I was looking for it to do. Export 3.dyn (19.0 KB) [Export 3.dyn|attachment]Import 3.dyn (21.8 KB)

Here they are. If there is anything else I can do better please let me know.

Thanks.

Here’s another approach that I have thought would be interesting. https://archi-lab.net/spell-checking-w-dynamo/

Cheers!

2 Likes

another [spell check] that used different mechanism for spell check.