Another Rhythm Walls Direction Question

I am having some difficulty using the Walls.Direction node from the Rhythm package. I created a sample RVT file with an octagon. However, the walls that should be East and West are reporting they are Northeast and Southwest respectively. I am assigning a parameter snd using a view filter to color the walls based on that parameter value.

Thanks

I don’t think it’s you… I just tried the same thing and my wall with a vector (x = 1 , y = 0) reported that it was NE and not just E.

My west one had a vector of ( x = -1, y = 0) and it said it was SW.

hmmmm, i might have to take a look. mind sending a sample file over to the github issues?

I don’t have a git account so I don’t think I can send anything without sign up?

Ah ok, if you want to post a small sample here that would be great

Ok, I just drew a octagon using a circumscribed polygon in Revit making sure the top and bottom were horizontal.

Got Dyno to read it by using select model elements.

Here’s the read outs from that node.

1 Like

I would love to, but I recently separated my shoulder and typing is slow.

John,
Have you had a chance to look at this yet? Is there anything, in particular, I can send to make fixing this easier?

Thanks.

I have not had a chance to look at it. Sorry about that. An already made RVT would be good though.

John,
My shoulder is better and my typing is as good as it gets. I have submitted a bug report and included the RVT and DYN files.

Thanks.

1 Like

Glad to hear it! I will try to take a look sometime this week. Currently juggling a few things.

So… now that AU is over… have you had a chance to think about this node and what might be causing it to report the wrong direction?

Actually, I just looked at it and it was a translation issue from VBnet (the original source CASE code) to C# on my part.

here is what it looks like now on your sample file:
20221025-orientation

and for those curious what I screwed up during my translation, here it is:

will push the update to the PM now

1 Like