How to create determine the orientation of walls from revit (North, South, West, East)

Hi!
I’ve been trying to determine the orientation of my walls from my revit model.

I’m very new in dynamo and I’m completely lost. Don’t know anything about coding and I don’t know what must of things means. Although it seems pretty logic, I keep getting “null”, I’m pretty sure that my custom node’s are wrong.

If anybody here know how to create this custom nodes I need please share the knowledge. I will appreciate it the must

Bests,
MB

Hi @MarianaB, can you show us your Dynamo-graph of your work? :slight_smile:

Sure!!

This is my main file

This is my first custom node “Wall.Orientation”

This is my second node “wall orientation”

I’m trying to figure out why this wall I have selected as a test is not reflecting any orientation. I’ve read a lot about this custom nodes and this type of information I’m looking for, but I feel kind of stock right now.

I’ll appreciate your or anyone else help the must.

Thanks,

Have you tried the nodes from the Dynamo library? Wall.ExteriorDirection is from archi-lab :slight_smile:

Like this, you’ll get the orientation of WallVector. You might find that useful :slight_smile:

It got all the walls but still is not filtering properly

Good shout, Clockwork and Rhythm have similar as well, I found this post helpful…

1 Like

In your custom replace point.X with the node Vector.X

Capture

1 Like

Home.dyn (39.9 KB)

Nico

1 Like

The custom node:
Walls.NorthEastSouthWest.dyf (37.2 KB)

the dyn file:
Home.dyn (11.4 KB)

1 Like

Thank you Nico for these files. But for some reason all files I try to download seems to be corrupted. I don’t think it has anything to do with your file, but my firewall or something on my computer.

I can’t possibly get that Walls.NorthEastSouthWest right… I’ve try other ways, maybe you can take a look (or anyone else) and let me know where the mistake is.

In the diagram below you can see that the Vectors are not working properly the error message is: “Warning: asked to convert non-convertible types”

Send help!

what version off revit and dynamo do you have?

Make these changes:

remove the node List.Create
remove the code block
connect the node All Ellements of Category with List.FilterByBoolMask (4 times)
connect the node All Ellements of Category directly with the node WallExteriorDirection (archilab package)

test the graph first with a new revit drawing with 6 walls with different directions!!
Use the Original Archilab node: Wall.ExteriorDirection

I have Dynamo 2.0

I’ll make those changes and see what happen.

Thank you for the help.

If I connect All Elements Of Category with List.FilterByBoolMask, It become null

Without the Code Block, it works well, but I still get that warning on the vector X and Y

show a picture

Make a new simple drawing in revit with a few walls. Run the dynamo graph again. And show a picture off the graph
Post your graph and custom node here.

Did you have the archilab package installed?
Or the Clockwork package?

That worked, thank you!