All Nodes on top of each other

Couple other ideas to try… You can check in this directory and make sure there are no packages other then GenerativeDesign and delete them. -> C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.6\packages If there are no other packages you can try to remove the GenerativeDesign packages and see if that resolves the conflict. You may want to keep a copy of these packages as they are not available on the package manager. (Also FYI another copy exists at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages). Let us know if that fixes up the issue and we can try to see what is conflicting with those packages in Revit or Dynamo.

I’m seeing API conflicts when loading add-ins, specifically referencing PyRevit. Are you sure that add-in was disabled completely, and if so could this be the wrong journal?

I previously disabled the addins, which I read online you achieve by only removing the files from the AppData Roaming location. Then I sent the journals to you.
I have now fully uninstalled pyRevit, Xrev Transmit, Orchid For Dynamo and Generative Design for Revit, and it is back working as normal again! Great news.

So it is one of these packages causing the issue. I have attached the latest dated journal file again.

journal.0078.txt (213.8 KB)

Thank you very much for your help. Shall I re-install now each one to see if this happens again?

1 Like

I’d reinstall Generative design first as that shouldn’t be the issue, then do Orchid for Dynamo, and then PyRevit and finally Xrev. Be sure to test in between each, and that you’ve gotten the latest version of each add-in.

It appears to be Generative Design… I uninstalled and reinstalled Revit 2021, as this is the only way I could see to install Generative Design, as the first test, and the problem has returned. See screengrab…

I will try uninstalling it again to see if this solves the issue. Here is the dynamo log again.

dynamoLog_547af231-3547-4c55-8ab8-d723cd977527.txt (20.8 KB)

To confirm, it looks clearly to be Generative Design as I uninstalled it and it is working again.

dynamoLog_463dbe63-a7f9-4235-a003-c9cd1056dee9.txt (4.2 KB)

I have now re-installed each of the addins I use, without Generative Design, and all is working fine.

Thanks for your help with this.

Interesting… I’ve just installed the 2021.1 update, so will see if I also get a similar issue.

@TimGreatrex which version of Generative Design were you installing?

The lastest which comes with Revit 2021.

Make sure you have the 21.9.4 patch, which was released on the 27th of last month. Should be available via manage.autodesk.com under product updates.

1 Like