All Nodes on top of each other

Couple other ideas to try… You can check in this directory and make sure there are no packages other then GenerativeDesign and delete them. -> C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.6\packages If there are no other packages you can try to remove the GenerativeDesign packages and see if that resolves the conflict. You may want to keep a copy of these packages as they are not available on the package manager. (Also FYI another copy exists at C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\RVT 2021\Dynamo\2.5\packages). Let us know if that fixes up the issue and we can try to see what is conflicting with those packages in Revit or Dynamo.

I’m seeing API conflicts when loading add-ins, specifically referencing PyRevit. Are you sure that add-in was disabled completely, and if so could this be the wrong journal?

I previously disabled the addins, which I read online you achieve by only removing the files from the AppData Roaming location. Then I sent the journals to you.
I have now fully uninstalled pyRevit, Xrev Transmit, Orchid For Dynamo and Generative Design for Revit, and it is back working as normal again! Great news.

So it is one of these packages causing the issue. I have attached the latest dated journal file again.

journal.0078.txt (213.8 KB)

Thank you very much for your help. Shall I re-install now each one to see if this happens again?

1 Like

I’d reinstall Generative design first as that shouldn’t be the issue, then do Orchid for Dynamo, and then PyRevit and finally Xrev. Be sure to test in between each, and that you’ve gotten the latest version of each add-in.

It appears to be Generative Design… I uninstalled and reinstalled Revit 2021, as this is the only way I could see to install Generative Design, as the first test, and the problem has returned. See screengrab…

I will try uninstalling it again to see if this solves the issue. Here is the dynamo log again.

dynamoLog_547af231-3547-4c55-8ab8-d723cd977527.txt (20.8 KB)

1 Like

To confirm, it looks clearly to be Generative Design as I uninstalled it and it is working again.

dynamoLog_463dbe63-a7f9-4235-a003-c9cd1056dee9.txt (4.2 KB)

I have now re-installed each of the addins I use, without Generative Design, and all is working fine.

Thanks for your help with this.

Interesting… I’ve just installed the 2021.1 update, so will see if I also get a similar issue.

@TimGreatrex which version of Generative Design were you installing?

The lastest which comes with Revit 2021.

Make sure you have the 21.9.4 patch, which was released on the 27th of last month. Should be available via manage.autodesk.com under product updates.

1 Like

Hello,

I have the same problem, can you help me please to solve it

Hello

I found the only solution was to uninstall Generative Design. I have returned to this topic as I am still having the same issue when I upgrade ( now on Revit 2021.1.2) and it re-installs Generative Design and Dynamo then returns to overlapping/corrupting the nodes. This is annoying as I am unable to try or use Generative Design.

Is there any solution in hand at Autodesk?
Many thanks
Tim

If you put Generative Design back do you see a notification in Dynamo (the ! At the top of the window)? If so try resolving that.

Hi Jacob

I have just downloaded GD v21.11.1 and installed, but still got the overlapping nodes, and no notification came up on the !
Please see screenshot.

Thanks
Tim

@TimGreatrex can you post your Dynamo log and Revit journal from the session where this occurred? Hoping we’ll expose something in there but it’s a bit of a hail mary.

Hi Jacob

Here is the dynamo log. The journal file is 5mb - too big for here. How shall I send?

Many thanks
Tim
dynamoLog_1213a871-facd-47a3-aa99-b230cb8bcabc.txt (85.6 KB)

I’ll DM you with an email address to share to. :slight_smile:

One other thing to confirm - are you opening the graph in manual execution mode?

From the journal, there are definately some add-in issues at play. Hard to know for certain which add-ins are the cause or if they are what is causing the issue in Dynamo without some testing, but I’d say that the version of the Enscape plugin you’ve got is looking suspicious.

Can you try closing out of Revit, disabling all add-ins, starting up Revit in a new project, open a Dynamo graph and see if the issue persists in Dynamo. If not, we’ve narrowed it down (some), but we still need to confirm which add-in(s) it is. Close Revit, and re-enable all add-ins except Enscape, and see if things still work. It could be something else so if that causes the issue we’re into binary search of add-ins and combinations thereof.

Hi Jacob. Thanks for this. Happy to give this a go again at some point, but we did this earlier this year and it was definitely Generative Design. It is still very clear now when I open Dynamo with GD installed we have this issue, and when it is not installed it works. I have never had an issue with any version of Enscape installed.

Thanks
Tim