After updating Formit (2021->2022), Dynamo Core Conflict Issue Occurs

I’ve done to fix the LynnPkg for Dynamo 1.3 and 2.x and will upload the package up to date.
So I’m checking whether LynnPkg works well on Dynmao 2.x or no. (Alias Surface 2021,2022 / Revit 2021.2022 / Fromit 2021, 2022) :slight_smile:

I updated Formit from 2021 to 2022 last week andI found Formit Dynamo ran into a problem
I try to solve that and so found a temporary solution.
Please let me know a fundamental solution?
Thanks!

When the problem occurred:
-After update from Formit 2021 to 2022

Issue:

• There is no problem with the execution of custom nodes or package nodes,
    Dynamo core conflict issue occurs when I try to enter the edit mode of the custom node.

Things to check before trying to fix:

• Once again checked that there is no problem in Formit 2021 Dynamo (core 2.8.0.2471) and other versions(Revit 2021, Aliass Surface 2022)
  • I found that this issue occurs on the same version of Sandbox(2.10.0.3455) already installed too.

Attempt to solve1:

• In the ‘Manage Node and Package Paths’ add the path below.
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Dynamo\Dynamo Core\2.8
  • Now the issue solved!!
  • The path of core 2.8 only

Attempt to solve2:

• I reinstall the Formit 2022
  • not solved

@Michael_Kirschner2 is this a big of some sort? Could we gather a log which might indicate the source of the crash somewhere? I’m at a loss for idea.

1 Like

I think this was reported by @Karam_Baki and fixed already by the Formit team.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply @Michael_Kirschner2

@Lynn_Kim Just as Michael said, it’s already fixed by the FormIt team, and I tested the fix, it’s working perfectly.

There’s also another problem which prevents the insertion of geometry into FormIt if the script was saved on Manual execution mode… and another problem which prevents the geometry from getting inside FormIt from the player outside of Dynamo for the same reason…

All of the bugs above have been solved and based on FormIt team, they will publish the fix in the upcoming minor update to FormIt…
*Please note that those bugs affected only FormIt… (Revit and others are safe)

1 Like

Great! I am glad to hear that. Thank you and FormIt team, Dynamo team! :slight_smile: