Adding parameter data to areas to specific rooms based on data from excel file

Hi,
Im trying to add parameter data to individual rooms based on numbers from an excel file. I’ve figured out how to add data from excel into dynamo but I cant seem to figure out how to line up the room numbers in Revit with the room numbers in the excel file so the right room gets the right data. The parameter data doesn’t go to the right room.

In Dynamo I got it to add parameter data into the comment’s of the area instances but the data was for area named 103 not 101. This is because in excel the data is ordered and in Revit it isn’t ordered the same as excel.

Is there a way to add excel data to the room number listed in excel and Revit, regardless of original list order or length?

Ive found a lot of similar information about this topic but nothing that answers specifically what im after, thank you in advance for helping this newcomer (Im a grasshopper user)

This is the revit areas im working from

This is the excel file.
All very simple just to get it working but Im going to use a bunch of excel data on a huge plan!

Use a Dictionnary to connect the Excel data to your room number

Thank you!
I run into a problem when converting the excel data to a string. it adds a bunch of trailing zeros which arnt great to reference because some of the rooms will have letters attached which it doesn’t add the trailing zeros to. Is there a solution for the trailing zeros?

Hello, here is a possibility

cordially
christian.stan

1 Like