Add shared parameter node

archi-lab

No problem we can translate it :slight_smile:

We are interested in its format, not its content. You can put “a” “b” “c” or whatever.

@truevis @Mustafa_Mahmoud @Neil_Reilly This script is quite old. I just tested now its gives me some error may be due to the Revit API changes. Give me sometime i am working on this for you guys. Hoping to fix this bad boy :grin: and post the result.

@Kulkul we are waiting for you boss ,you are the man , you can do it

I am hoping for an answer as I could not get the node itself to completely work: Add Shared Parameter to Project?

@truevis @Mustafa_Mahmoud @Neil_Reilly

Game Over! At first shared parameter need to be created then the script is good to go. I tested this script in Revit 2016 and its working. I have attached files and created a small clip of the process hope you all like it.

Files Shared Parameter.dyn (12.2 KB)
Shared Parameter1.xlsx (8.4 KB)

Dynamo for Batch Adding Shared Parameters to Project
Create Shared parameter by excel - multicategory

There was a discussion on this some time ago here: http://dynamobim.org/forums/topic/shared-parameter-creation-from-list/

Basically you can’t use the drop down selectors with this node. Your inputs need to match what Konrad posted in the above thread for it to work correctly. I posted a screenshot in the same thread showing another way of doing this with an excel list of parameters but the formatting is the same otherwise.

That is it , it is work man , thank you for your great work :gift:

رمضان كريم Glad it helped! Can you mark this post as solved.

Sure Boss thank you

I succeeded to make it without excel sheet

Shared Parameters with data managed from Excel List

I’ve been away for a while. Thank you Kulkul, this is an excellent tool. Also thank Mustafa for keeping this going:-)

It didn’t run straight away after I downloaded, So I made it a bit more understandable for complete dynamo noobs. It can’t hurt to have a few examples here!

The attached excel has a header explaining each rows purpose. The dynamo script has a codeblock that indicates what each excel index id for. I did nothing to the python code apart from changing the input references.

Again, thank you Kulkul for figuring and helping out.

Shared Parameter1.xlsx (9.7 KB)

Shared Parameter Dynamo1 - 2016.dyn (21.8 KB)

Magic good work @Neil_Reilly , that is awesome , thank you for your great participation

thanks allot man!!!
its working grate!!

No Problem:+1: Have fun :wink:

How can I include the GUID of the parameters (e.g. a extra row in the excel file with the GUID)?

Replace GUID in shared Parameters

First, I want to say great work from all of you. While testing the scripts provided, I discovered these are to be used while in a project. These will not work while in the family editor. Do you guys know of a post regarding families with shared parameters? I have searched far and wide for this with no luck.

@kiknchikn2060 Could you please start a new thread. Thanks :slight_smile:

I have. No response.

closed #36