Add length of Pipe to Fitting (Bloom)

I’m looking for a dynamo script that would allow me to add a length of pipe to a fitting. For example if I already have a cold water pipe in place and have added a Tee in 3D view, I would like to add a pipe shown in the image. This function is what Microdesk Bloom does. It adds pipes, ducts, conduits to fittings that have a connector. But for now I just want the pipe function to work. The length of pipe added should pick up the pipe system from the fitting and size.

Hello @mep ,

Welcome to the forum!

What do you have so far?

1 Like

Hello @mep and welcome to the forum…try something

1 Like

Hello @sovitek, thanks for your dyn idea. I tried building it in revit 2022 dyn version 2.10. I’m stuck on the geometry.translate function. The function won’t accept my inputs. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong. I’ve attached the image.

hello… not sure but try MePover nodes instead of orchid nodes

PS could you show the whole graph with expanded nodes…and be sure you feed in a double in distance :wink:

1 Like

hey @sovitek, I’ve swapped out the nodes with MEPover ones and the script is working perfectly. Thanks so much. I’ve tested it on Tees and Elbows. Works great!

yes it do…and great you could use my solution and call it your own…hahaha

next time i think you should read this one here…good luck

1 Like

hey @sovitek, sorry i’m new to the forum. I’ve unchecked the solution on my post. thanks again.

1 Like

The script works for adding in a vertical pipe for sink trap. really cool. thanks again @sovitek