Accessing Family Type Parameters

Hi, I’m still quite new to Dynamo, but have found it really useful when coming across parameters which are not schedulable in Revit as this provides away to transfer the data to another share parameter.

My issue is when trying to transfer data from the Family Type parameter im a bit lost on what nodes I should to access them on my current Dynamo file

Here is a screen shot picture

Hello @TrevorA …so “nominal weight” is an instance parameter and “w nominal weight” is a typeparameter if that the case then try element.element.type between all element of categori and setparameter

Hi Sovitek,

Nominal weight is the Family Type Parameter, and would like to copy the data to W Nominal Weight parameter.

Thanks

arhh ok then insert elementtype as here…is it a instance or type parameter you will write to…

Thanks Sovitek,

This seem to work ok but i still get this error message

Data has been copy to the new parameter though & both parameter are also setup the same.

Thanks

allright just checked…it should work…which revit version are you in ? here is my settings

I’m using Revit 2022 and Dynamo

Thanks

rhythm has nodes that work for both type and instance parameters.

1 Like

hmm dont understand why it doesnt work for you…could you share a little bit rvt with that situation

Here a screen shot of the steel and the Type parameter properties

OK great will have a look at the rhythm nodes as well

Thanks

yeah just think if you could share a little piece of that model…something i dont understand is that it seems like some of these weight framing parameter is a string…try check parameter types as i do in last post…
EDIT now i see you had some empty string/list…

Yes ok some of the steel doesn’t have values showing

1 Like

yeah…think thats why it give warnings