3D Rooms with Color In Dynamo

Hey everyone!
I’m new to the Dynamo workflow, but anxious to learn how to harness its power.

My first task that I’m trying to learn, is how to use Dynamo to show Revit rooms (and colors!) in 3D.
I’ve tried to follow a YouTube video, and a post from another thread that I found (here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPA07-Mitu4&t=66s and here: Apply room colour scheme to 3d rooms in dynamo bim) but I keep getting stuck.

Here is a link to my current workflow that I have setup:

I think that part of my problem comes from the fact that I don’t know what file to link to for the “File Path” node at the beginning of the script. There may be other issues however, but that’s part of what I’m hoping you all can help me with! If someone can help read my script, and help me understand what I need to do to show the rooms in 3d with accurate room colors based on department, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hi @beau.beashore

What does the error says at “View.ExportAsImage” node?

hey, jumping after seaching on the web and found that other people have the same problem from viewing the same video…

here is the warning:

My guess is that “ColorScheme” is an area plan. Those are not currently handled by Dynamo’s default nodes, This should be available in a future version of D4R, thanks to @Konrad_K_Sobon

@Dimitar_Venkov

But if you look at the 2nd link from the OP. The guy in that post were able to get it to work. If you look at his screenshot. The watch image node was able to show the image.

I just don’t know how to get the file path… or what is the file path. For this instance.

what type of view are you feeding into the “View.ExportAsImage” node?

The file path is whatever you want it to be. It designates where the image should be saved.

It is an Area plan with color fill legend shown… which i guess you are right. Hopefully @Konrad_K_Sobon will make it available in future for area plan view type. :frowning:

Dear all,

I have a Revit (2016) model and I need to color-code some rooms using Dynamo (1.3.2). What are the steps that I should follow in both Revit and Dynamo to achieve the desired result?

Thank you,

You should check out the youtube video link from OP. the video have a good tutorial on how about creating the script

Does anyone have a working version of this with Revit 2018 and Dynamo 1.3.2?
My old script was lost, and so I was trying to rebuild it in the current versions, but my colors are not working properly (see images below). The color legend PNG export looks correct, but the colors are not correct in my 3d view. Thoughts?

1 Like