2022.1 latest Revit update broke Dynamo

Enclosed are the logs.
journal.0039.txt (320.7 KB)
dynamoLog_8ba1a034-579b-42b5-9898-1a7bd2fb23d9.txt (6.0 KB)

Still quite a few add-ins (Guardian, CTC, Rushforth, Ideate, Enscape) loading. Disable them all and try again. I know a few of those have had updates between 2022.0 and now to resolve conflicts which cause issues along the lines of what you’re reporting, so it may be worth running updates on those as well.

1 Like

I already went thru that process of moving all the addins to a different location and restart and try running Dynamo and it does not solve the problem. Our company has a tight control on the software that is used, and release upgrades are generally not immediate since they typically test it for a good period to confirm the stability of the release. It was until two weeks ago that our company release both upgrades to Revit 2022 (1.3 I believe) and all the Addins.

I just asked one of my colleagues to test if Dynamo is working on her computer and she had no issues. She also has all the same addins installed as in my computer. So the issue is not a conflict with an addin. This confirms what someone stated earlier in this thread where he tested in two different computers and both computers having addins and in one computer he has issues and in the other he does not.

I believe that the only option is to have a full reinstall of 2022.

Thank you for your time to look into it. I appreciate your feedback.

2 Likes

what is your actual issue / set of symptoms that you notice?

Dynamo displays lines. Enclosed is the image that I get from the script. It is more likely something was not installed properly.

Everything time we have seen this it’s been an add-in conflict, which means that a reinstall with the same add-ins will put you back in the same boat unless you update the add-in on the reinstall.

I would need a journal from a session with no add-ins to confirm though, as it is possible you’re seeing the same behavior triggered by something else entirely.

Once we have that comparing it to your session with all the add-ins can help identify which is causing the conflict too, which could save you time. The alternative is to add/remove them one by one until the fix is found.

I’m having a similar problem. Though it didn’t break after installing update 2022.1. It’s seems to have broken after a system/PC update. Dynamo opens as a blank screen, Dynamo player works however.
I’ve deinstalled all add-ins, I even moved the built-in add-in from Autodesk to my desktop. Dynamo in Revit 2022.1.3 still doesn’t work.

Edit: I removed all add-ins and deinstalled Revit 2022. Reinstalled Revit 2022. First add-in I reinstalled was CTC Suite, guess what? That wasn’t the culprit. Currently reinstalling all add-ins, but I won’t update Revit to 2022.1 or more. So far Dynamo still works.

Are you sure that you are using the latest copy of the CTC toolset?

Yes. Even checked on their site to get the latest build. I have now reinstalled all my previous add-ins, including CTC Suite. I did not update Revit 2022 to any later version. Dynamo now works.

1 Like

Does anyone know if any of the newer updates have fixed the breaking of Dynamo? I don’t feel like updating to find out.

Newer updates work fine if you aren’t using customizations to Revit or Dynamo which cause a conflict.