Dear Dynamo Lovers,
Greetings from Dynamo Team. We hope you are doing well in this special situation.
Today I am writing to give you a preview of the upcoming Python 3 support we will add to Python workflows starting from Dynamo 2.7.x releases. We will keep you in loop with all these changes and hopefully get feedback when things do not make sense jump to your eyes. You will be able to try it out using our daily builds on dynamobuilds.com.
The new Python node engine lable on lower right corner of Python nodes
The new Python node engine switcher in node right click context menu
The new Python script editor and Python3 learning material in right side panel in progress
- Updated layout of controls in Python Editor
- Added Icons and tooltips for controls in Python Editor
- Added a Python Engine switcher for user to switch which version of Python Engine per node they would like to leverage
- Added a button like control in Python3 learning material for user to report an issue here
- Added minHeight and minWidth for Python Editor so controls can always be visible
The new Python Editor Learn More Button workflow in gif
We will also keep track of Python3 related issues in this thread and you will have an option to report Python3 related issue here directed by a button in Dynamo right side panel (see screen shot above). There is a known list of Python3 issues tracked on our Dynamo wiki.