Yes or no option

Dear colleagues, I have developed this routine to help me automatically place thresholds on doors and windows. The script worked; it reads the width and thickness position of each door and window, creates the polyline, and applies a granite texture.
However, I needed it to work in the following way, to give me the option, even if it’s just through textures, as I tried but it didn’t work, and I don’t understand why. The option to choose whether the threshold will be entirely made of granite or half granite and half wood. So, I created a texture to represent this, as I only need to specify this choice: whether it will be all granite or half and half. In this case, I added the “half and half threshold” in the floor types, but it only shows one color, even when I change the visualization settings. Can you give me some advice on how to improve and fix this issue?

If you’re asking how to get a material to show as two different colors then that’s a question more suited for one of the Revit forums. I would think the easiest solution would just be to build your family so that each section of the threshold takes its own material and then set them individually with your graph.

1 Like

Yes, yes. I tried it this way, but it’s not working. I would like to know a way to search for families instead of textures, following the same script context. But I’ll look into it more closely, and if anything, I’ll come back. Thanks again!