Wire.ByEdges Error

I have a shortest path algorithm designed through Dynamo, using the Topologic package. However, when I changed the size of my cable tray, it stopped working and gave me the following errors:

Wire.ByEdges - Warning: Wire.ByEdges operation failed. The last edge you attempted to add was not connected to the wire.
Graph.ByTopology - Warning Graph.ByTopology operation failed. Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I’d suggest contacting Topologic via their website or twitter. The owner is a great guy (Wassim) and typically is all for helping people out. Don’t believe they come to the forums often.

3 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll put here what he told me, so others can see. The advice was to disconnect Wire.ByEdges and replace it with Cluster.ByTopologies connected to Topology.SelfMerge.

His reasoning was that Wire.ByEdges is always sequential in how it generates a graph (meaning old last point = new first point), and if that isn’t the case, it won’t work. These two nodes basically remove that need.

2 Likes