Windows 11 - Dynamo Sandbox Directory

I’ve installed Dynamo Sandbox on Windows 11, and when I use the “Directory Path” node it offers only the desktop and desktop directories to choose from - no other options.

any ideas…?

From a colleague, Cristian Udrea:

Could you try running this command from Powershell in the Dynamo Sandbox directory?

Get-ChildItem . -Recurse | Unblock-File

Lately I’ve noticed even the latest Win 10 update has been blocking .NET assemblies it detects as having being downloaded.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-browse-for-folder-dialog-issue-only/0a0ce0a5-0a72-4483-a51e-1b3ee9dffcdb

This did not fix it… I’ll try the other reply

This fixed, and for completeness, this is the reply with the steps that need to be taken:

Thanks. OneDrive seems to be the culprit. The workaround is to stop syncing your Desktop folder with OneDrive.

Important: Before proceeding, copy the files in those special folders to another folder or external drive. Please don’t copy them anywhere under Desktop/Documents/Pictures. This is because disabling OneDrive backup for a folder erases the local copies of the files. Copying them to a different location beforehand will ensure that you don’t need to download them again from the OneDrive cloud.

1. Right-click the OneDrive icon in the Notification area and click Settings.
  2. Select the Backup tab, and click Manage Backup
  3. In the Manage folder backup dialog, click on the Stop backup link for “Desktop”
  4. Click Stop backup in the confirmation dialog that appears.
3 Likes