Directory Path node gives only desktop folder

Hi,

When using the directory path node it only returns the desktop folder and no longer any other folders.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Kind regards,

Daan

Hi Daan,

Dynamo only leverage the default Windows File browser behavior. Dynamo does not modify or hiject your default system browser behavior with any filter for Directory Path node. While I can not reproduce this, I would actually assume you need to fix this on your system level. Is there a way you can launch similiar file browser on your system out side of Dynamo to give it a try?

Also FYI, this kind of problem is general and there are materials online about how to fix, e.g. https://windowsreport.com/browse-for-folder-only-shows-desktop/.

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I asumed the problem lies within Dynamo because it is the only program that is giving me this specific issue.
Therefor i cannot reproduce the issue on a different file browser, I can try to follow the troubleshooter you provided but this hasnt helped me this far.

@kleinnagelvoort
I was having the same issue.

I found this:
https://www.winhelponline.com/blog/browse-for-folder-dialog-empty-in-windows-11/

I opted to stop syncing my desktop with OneDrive for the moment and it resolved the issue straight away.

1 Like

Dynamo and OneDrive are really not good friends. Most of the time when I run paths that use excel-import it fails because of OneDrive. Therefore I always turn off the synch before running.

Hi Paul,

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

I figured out this was the issue but never posted the solution here, thank you for doing so.

Thank you so much for your post. I was totally confused by the behavior of the Directory Path node. I ended up using a File Path node, which allowed for proper navigation (including typing the folder path or copying it from File Explorer and pasting it). That does require selecting a file in the folder of interest, and the file name is included in the results. I created a simple Python Script node to strip the file name off.