Where to I find/download Alias 2023? I'm looking for Bulk-Graph-Resizer.dyn

I’v heard about a graph-resizer that converts old scripts to R23/24.
I had found this page where it provides “Bulk-Graph-Resizer.dyn”.
https://help.autodesk.com/view/ALIAS/2023/ENU/?guid=Alias_NURBS_Modeling_Generate_designs_with_Dynamo_Alias_Dynamo_Scripts_html
but i can’t find where to download Alias 2023 Sample Files.
Can someone show me how?

Edit: And on my computer i can’t find folder “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AliasAutoStudio2023.1\Dynamo\Sample Files”.

I actually built these awhile back for a BiLT presentation with @dana.defilippi, and they were distributed by the Alias team at one point as a ‘quick fox’ for the issue you are describing. Not sure where they all went in terms of location, but I have asked the team. In the meantime you can get one of my versions of them here: Updating python node in multiple scripts - #15 by jacob.small

Note that there are also some other tools for this now:

• The Monocle view extension from @john_pierson is on the Package manager. It has a Graph Resizerer tool which scales the active graph. Super useful for when you find yourself in a 2.12 or older graph while using 2.13 or newer.
  • The bulk updater tools certainly helped start the ball rolling in terms of managing libraries, but the graph migration assistant (also built by @john_pierson and the Dynamo team) certainly takes that to a new level. It hasn’t been finalized and added to package manager yet, but it will ensure the scale without issue. You can access the current beta here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoGraphMigrationAssistant
1 Like

Thanks Jacob ! :+1:
The graph migration assistant on Github is very useful.
And the added video explains everything how to install and use the extension.

1 Like

@mrl let me know in case you still want to understand where to find it “usually”. I just double checked, and I do see the script in my “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AliasAutoStudio2023.1\Dynamo\Sample Files” folder?
You need to be aware, though, that this is a Dynamo script, NOT a Dynamo PLAYER script. So you would need to open it in Dynamo, not the Dynamo Player (I know i can be confusing ;-( ).
Cheers,
GG

I have only Revit 2023.1.2 installed on my pc and i didn’t find folder “C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AliasAutoStudio”.
Must I buy & install Autodesk Alias ?
The graph migration assistant on GitHub answered my question.

For that version of the graphs, yes. However the files attached to the forum post I linked above are exactly the same. The Revit team just didn’t want to address the issue the way the Alias team did and distribute the tools with the software.

No one should should buy and install Alias just for a Dynamo or Dynamo Player script! :smiley:
Sorry, it didn’t even occur to me that you might not be an Alias user. :slight_smile:

1 Like