What sheet is my component on in a schedule

Hi, I was wondering if someone would be able to help me or point me in the right direction, I am very new to Dynamo. I have tried to search for something that already does what I require but have been unable to find it.

What I would like is for a schedule to be produced that informs me what sheets an object I placed is on/referenced. i,e a door that knows what drawing sheet it’s on so I can then feed that data back into the object and reference it later.

my current thinking is that this would be possible as the object knows what view it’s being shown on and then the view knows what sheets it’s on, however as I said before I am very new to this and if someone could point me in the right direction it would be a massive help.

Thank you

Hello,

You can try via RevitId. Something like DoorID occures in Schedule x,y,z.

give it try… :slight_smile:

KR

Andreas

Hi I have managed to get this to somewhat work by finding a similar script and somewhat butchering it

I can get the element to reference what drawing its on but I’m limited to a maximum number of elements its does this for, seems to be linked to the number of viewports in the sheets 13 viewports, 13 elements it works on. I think I’ve got as far as I can (this is my first attempt at dynamo) if someone can give me a nudge in the right direction it would be very helpful

1 Like