What packages do you want to work on Dynamo Web and Fractal?

Hi everyone! We are looking at trying to enable more nodes and packages for use on Dynamo web (sometimes known as the customizer) and Fractal. What are your favorite nodes or packages that you think would be most valuable for web workflows and why?

2 Likes

Lunchbox. Especially for the paneling nodes. Also in the most downloaded packages there are some “basic nodes” that could provide useful.

4 Likes

I agree with @jostein_olsen that the top(3 at least) downloaded packages should be included, but since revit is not attached to fractal currently then the revit nodes will need to be omitted or packages that are mainly additional nodes will have to be not included.

1 Like

Might be a long shot, but would it be possible to open its API somehow, so people can collaborate? Similar to Dynamo packages. I will expect people eager to use these tools more than happy to be proactive and spend time on helping building them (at least I know I would) :slight_smile:

Agree @Sylvester_Knudsen1, that would be great

In my work with Fractal/Web I’ll missed the opportunity to work with 3D text. There are different solutions out there but the Dynamo teams own 3D text package is the one I find the best…but it’s not supported!

3 Likes

Figured I would go ahead and add my list here as well.

Lunchbox

1. Randomization Nodes
  2. Panelization Nodes

DynamoText

1. Ability to create textual feedback in viewport.

Mesh Toolkit

1. For simplifying complex meshes. Useful for 3d print workflows.

Core Nodes

1. File.FromPath
  2. Image.ReadFromFile
    a. These two nodes would allow us to read images for displaying along surfaces, etc. Both are currently not supported.

UI++ Color Picker

1. Bigger request I imagine. Would love a color UI within dynamo to pick display colors.

Elk

1. Building site context with OSM data.
1 Like