Walls.HasEditedProfile removes Dimension override text

Hello all,

I am using Rhythms Walls.HasEditedProfile node and it seems to be removing dimension overrides. Not sure why. Has anyone else had this problem?
This is the warning I got when I Ran it.

Sample Revit 2019 File.
20180216_1515(x64)
ARCH_B38_SHELL AND CORE_detached.rvt (3.5 MB)

Dynamo File
Same Result with Dynamo 1.3.3 and 2.0.1

Edit Profile error test.dyn (2.0 KB)

Whoops. I am using this method from the building coder which uses transaction rollback and it might be affecting other things, http://thebuildingcoder.typepad.com/blog/2010/11/access-to-sketch-and-sketch-plane.html

that being said, Revit 2018.1 + has the method “GetDependentElements” and I should be able to pivot to that. Let me get that updated in the next version.

2 Likes

I have this updated and published in Rhythm v2019.4.3, now on the package manager.

Here is the node in action:

And my open source code is here, if anyone was curious how the fix worked.

2 Likes

PS: use LINQ Any() instead of Where(), saves you from having to instantiate a List and then count it.

3 Likes

Thanks for the feedback @Thomas_Mahon! :blush:

#AlwaysLearning

3 Likes

No problem (and so am I! Life-long learning = recipe for success).

3 Likes

John,

Thanks yet again for the quick reply. Also, thank you for the extra mile with the code samples.

I have also used the Temporary transaction method. It is interesting that Revit kicked out an error before the transaction could be rolled back (if I am not mistaken). This solved another problem I was having where nodes in my larger graph were failing due to a transaction already being open. I think when Revit errored out the transaction did not close properly and prevented the other nodes from opening their transaction.

Any way just downloaded your update and it is working great.

Thanks John,
Steven

1 Like