Wall won't create right on the seccond floor

You guys helped me verry much with the wall finishes in Dynamo.

But i have one little question:
If I use this graph (Wall-Finishes GOED.dyn (36.5 KB)) than can I only make the wall finishes on the first floor. (in my .rvt called begane grond)
But if I use your graph for the seccond floor (eerste verdieping, sorry i’m Dutch :flushed: :wink:) than will Dynamo take the boundaries of the first floor.

Has somebody a solution for this problem :flushed:

Kind regards,
Jasper.

Isn’t it in the node called “Levels” before “Wall.ByCurveAndHeight”?

Yea that is the node for the level. but if I change that from 00 begane grond to 01 eerste verdieping.
Than will he pick the boundaries of the begane grond (first floor) and not the boundaries of the seccond floor (eerste verdieping)

I had a quick look: In order to get control on your elements level, I would first suggest to use a FilterByLevel at the beginning of the process, like so for instance:

Thanks @Yna_Db, I will look tomorrow, maybe you could look also? :flushed:

To what node do i have connect the levels and room.boundaries?

Is that a replacement of the Room element collector or is it a nother path?
And in withc package could I find the Room.FilterByLevel node?

Kind regards,
Jasper

Room.FilterByLevel is from Chynamo. There’s another appropriate node called “Get Rooms by Level” in Archi-lab.
The selected boundaries are the same than in the Room Element Collector but filtered by level, so yes, it’s in replacement but you could also filter directly from the collector node with an Element.FilterByLevel node (from Chynamo also).

@Yna_Db, Thank you a lot :smiley:

But i have another question :flushed:
If i have a room wich haven’t a wall finish. How could I skip that room?

Hi @Jasperbru

Another question = Another Topic. Thanks :slight_smile:

Oke, i thought maybe Yna know the answer on that question :wink:

No, I don’t know without looking at it precisely, but that’s something you should do too. You’ll have to organise and describe the purposes of each groups of nodes, sometimes reduce them to something simplier, and try then to improve with new functions. At this point it will be easy to ask for help on little details that you tried to improve, by explaining what you did and why. For testing, you will find nodes for filtering by typing “filter” in the search field (I would probably begin by trying the Springs node Filter.BySelection).
It’s always worth to remind that there are also tons of helpful resources online if needed, see this list: http://www.revitforum.org/dynamo-bim/24005-dynamo-learning-resources.html and the search field in the forum works also fine. There’s definitely no other way to work with Dynamo, I think :smirk:

Thank you for all your help @Yna_Db