Wall location curve

Hey @jacob.small I discovered this thread and found your suggestion that might be a solution to my problem…
As you know I’ve been working on a script generating floor finishes and have been able to perfect it (going to update my OG thread soon).
But now I’ve been on a path trying to create a script for wall finishes. The problem I ran into was getting the location of the interior finish face and your script seemed to be the solution I was looking for.
However, when I tried it out, it only seems to return exterior finish and not the rest.
Any idea how this can happen?

I do see the code block has a warning but I have no idea what it is about (something with packages?) and how to solve it.

That happens when using custom packages which have their own specific classes. The way around that is to specify list functions including their full prefix in my experience (DSCore.List.), or not using those packages. For scalability I recommend using the prefix anyway. We used to have to specify the full path but the developers removed that need a while ago for UX.

1 Like

To clarify: this is packages (in this case Orchid) which use a class name which is already in use (in this case List).

There are only a few packages which still cause this headache, and I believe that these may be blocked from use at some point.

I believe that following the guidance @GavinCrump provided should resolve the list issue and so the subsequent lines of design script would process.

Since you only need the inside face, you could also stop the current code after the exterior face was retrieved, and then define the interior face to be something like:

IntFaceCurves =
	wallcurves.Translate(direction,-distance);
2 Likes

Is it possible that this doesn’t work with curves?

Note the DYF containing a node to conver to current units esa deprecated in 2022

So output form the core sizes can (Should?) be wired directly bypassing the unit check.