Wall finish by Room

@D.JohnWick

I have found the solution to my problem. Thank you @Kulkul for your support.

I want input finish wall in Dyanmo.
But I couldn’t edit code in Python.
Could you tell me?

f1.dyn (6.5 KB)

I cant find wall finish by room bond - please help me to find it

Modelical Try.dyn (6.9 KB)

I have tried the Modelical Node in 2019v Revit and 2.0.3 Dynamo, it returning null in output and nothing is creating. Can you help me on this Please?Wall Finish Pro.rvt (1.6 MB)

Thanks

Hi @Kulkul Can you please help me to figure it out the above issue?

I have a similar issue, I want to run the node but I can’t because the node has an error. I’m new with Dynamo, if someone knows what happen please let me know.

change Rooms to rooms as a start. The message on that node should make that fairly clear.

I tried it and the message disappeared but it’s still not working. It makes “null” when I run it. It’s weird beacuse in my old computer I used the same routine and nothing happended until now.

Copy the Python node into the main workspace, and run that on a single item. The node should provide some direction in terms of why it is failing.

I did and nothing happen, watching other blogs I noticed the “Rooms” is a class name and I can´t change it as a variable. The problem is, when I change something like “room” in the node, it doesn’t work and I don’t use python to change the script or something to fix it. If you know what can I do please let me know.

After copying the python into the main Dynamo workspace (not the custom node), what was the error message when you passed a single room into the first input in the Python node, a string for the Wall Finish Parameter name into the 2nd, and a string for the Ceiling Height Parameter name into the 3rd?

Can you help me to solve this. It is working in 2019v Revit and Dynamo 2.0, but the error caused in Revit 2022 and Dynamo 2.10

I am not good at python :neutral_face:

@jacob.small @Kulkul @zhukoven @FrantxoMOD

This is the unit type change associated to the forge type ID.

@Konrad_K_Sobon did a good job highlighting some of that here: https://archi-lab.net/handling-the-revit-2022-unit-changes/.

There is also some good summary discussion on this building coder post from @jeremytammik: The Building Coder: PDF Export, ForgeTypeId and Multi-Target Add-In

And finally, there is the API documentation includes the new class here: ForgeTypeId Class

This isn’t intended to be a ‘fix’, but more giving you the opportunity to fix the issue yourself first - it’s not super easy, but it’s also not so difficult to do that you shouldn’t be able to make some headway and get better with Python. Should you give it a shot and still be stuck, post the DYN and a really small sample Revit model and the larger community will likely help out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

SampleProjectR2022.rvt (1.9 MB)
WallFinishByRoomR2022.dyn (12.2 KB)
Hi, I have checked the post by @Konrad_K_Sobon and @jeremytammik It was interesting and very informative.
But due to my lack of expertise in Revit API and Python I cant fix the issue.
So I am posting a sample project and Dynamo file as said by @jacob.small
Actually this script is coming from Modelical Package.

In model there is a Room placed and Wall Finish type inputted in Wall Finish Parameter and Height inputted in Ceiling height parameter and while running there is an error regarding ‘UnitType’
I hope updating docLengthUnit = Document.GetUnits(doc).GetFormatOptions(UnitType.UT_Length).DisplayUnits this line may fix with new way of fetching the Display unit.

Anybody can help, Thanks in Advance

1 Like

This is the error message. What can I do?

You need to provide valid inputs into the Python node. Currently you are just passing a function.

This node doesn’t work in revit 2022

yes this node not working in revit 2022