Visibility Graphics Override of Link

Hi,

Is there any way to control Visibility of Links with Dynamo. So far I have found View.SetCategoryVisibility by MepOver.

Not sure, but I don’t think that this is exposed in the API.

Hi Thank you for reply. Is there any possible workaround to turn off categories. For example turning off all Grids, Levels and Some Annotation Categories from All links.

2 Likes

If you are trying to turn off categories for links but not the current project, there is no work around. Unfortunately there is no API access to anything within that tab of visibility graphics override, and it doesn’t appear to be coming anytime soon. I believe there is an idea/request post on the Autodesk forums so you could go there and add your vote. Hopefully if it gets enough attention, the team will add it to their priorities.

As others have mentioned, the Revit Links tab is not available in the API so there is no way to do what you’re asking. However, with a little effort, you may be able to create filters for these categories based on your worksets, but that kind of depends on how many workset possibilities you have and what version you’re working in.

2 Likes

You can control the visibility of the link itself but anything beyond that (such as the display settings you have marked) is not possible.

EDIT: I think I remembered incorrectly. It looks like only way I was able to isolate certain links was to actually hide other links via view.IsolateElementTemporary(link.Id) which does not actually hide them using any method shown in the above dialog box.

you can make a view template with the settings you want and apply the viewtemplate proporties.
If you already have a viewtemplate you can merge them

3 Likes

I really liked how you used the ones available to solve things in a very practical way!

1 Like

Hi Nick,
This isn’t possible, because filter for links do not work with using workset.
This link tells how to do it manually, and as you all suggested, this isn’t possible in dynamo as no api exposed.

About View Filters for Linked Models | Revit 2019 | Autodesk Knowledge Network

Regards,
ap

2 Likes

Linked worksets are not available, you are correct. But depending on how your internal worksets are setup you could use a filter for elements of Category not on an internal Workset. We’ve done this before. It is possible, but only in specific circumstances.

3 Likes