viewExtensions - Dynamo Crashing while opening a graph question

All,

I have a graph that I have been working on for a while now. Every one in a while I will attempt to open the graph and it will simply crash Revit. We are not talking about running the graph…simply opening it.

Whilst doing some research I found that erasing (or in my case…moving) the viewExtension files could allow one to open a graph that is otherwise crashing Revit. This does seem to work but I am not sure what to do now. If I put the viewExtension files back in place, reopening the graph causes the same crash.

What I am trying to figure out is a few different things:

What is the typical workflow for troubleshooting a graph that crashes Revit when simply opened in Dynamo?

If I do remove the viewExtensions and it opens, what does that tell me?

Is there anything else I can do to find a solution?

Thanks in advance!

What does the error says while crashing?

@Kulkul Here is the journal file.

journal.0558.txt (232.3 KB)

@rdeardorff please try removing only the libraryViewExtension file… and if that fixes it please post on gituhb issues all relevant info.

also, does your graph use a lot of custom nodes which are not already loaded?

@Michael_Kirschner2 I removed the libraryViewExtension file and it did fix the issue. Is there a list of what you consider typical relevant info that I should be posting on github?

Also, I believe I only have one custom node in the graph. The rest are from dynamo or fairly common packages.

Your graph and how to reproduce the issue (maybe a small gif) would be very beneficial.
All dependencies required to reproduce the issue.

Sounds good. Side question: Is there an easy way to find all dependencies or do I just need to go through it node by node to find them all? (I guess I could temporarily remove my packages to find them)

unfortunately I think thats about the best way, I have not tried but you could attempt to publish a package locally which wraps up your main graph…

can you also please post a link back to the issue here for tracking purposes.

@rdeardorff - can you also take a screenshot of your currently installed packages window?