View Template - change cut patterns

Are you bored, and want to write some code for me? Well, have i got something for you!

I’ve been struggling for quite a few hours with what should be a simple script.

I need to swap out cut-patterns for a template which is shared between offices, but because of different local standards, need separate cut-hatches for concrete.

I thought it should be easy enough just to get the fill pattern name currently applied, and using string.replace get the correct pattern by name and apply it to the view filter.

Unfortunately, there are very few options for doing this with Dynamo. Archilab appears to have the best package for dealing with graphicoverrides, but this is too much for what I actually need. I just need to check the cut background and cut foreground patterns, and everything else stays the same!

When I use the archilab package and apply the changes to the filter element, it generally works, but overwrites anythig which i haven’t defined with default values (clears the overrides.)

archilab is already a bit undesireable since I need to deploy this with pyrevit and dynamo.
I would script this with python, but my skills are weak, and the only result is generally and episode of trichotillomania.

Maybe there are some packages or nodes I’m overlooking. I’d also be happy with dyf-based packages, since I can generally pull the python script out, which handles most issues with local-packages.