View Reference

Hello all,

I have a situation where I did not place my view reference tags on my match lines before I started duplicating my views. Now I have a couple hundred views I need to place these references on. I am having no luck with dynamo and would value some input. I have attached my graph for anybody to review. Thanks in advance.
Today.dyn (15.0 KB)

Did you ever make any progress with this? I have experimented with doing this as well with no luck. It’s unclear from your post what exactly is wrong with your current graph. Does it work, but you’re just looking for a more robust solution? Or does it not work at all?

When I tried a similar task, I was never able to find a way to automatically generate a list of the coordinates like you placed in your code block. I was imagining that each view would require a distinct list of coordinates for the desired final destination of the view references. I tried finding the coordinates of the matchline intersections, but got nowhere close to that.

Sorry, I have no answers. Just questions and a similar goal.

1. I did not make any further progress. I tried different things and they all failed.
  2. The graph does not work. Even if it placed the view reference then I would have to go back to each one on every view and tell it what view to reference.

The day after I posted I went through manually and did it. Took me about 4 hours for this particular job. I now know that I need to place my view reference before I duplicate my views. So I don’t have a solution either.

Too bad. I’d like to revisit at a later date, but for now, manual placement will have to do.

I will try again when I have more time and post something.

I know this is an old post, but has anyone come up with a solution?

I have not, but I’m optimistic that some of the new sheet, view, and viewport nodes available in Revit 2022 will make this more within reach. Just haven’t had the time to experiment yet.
Dynamo for Revit Nodes | Revit 2022 | Autodesk Knowledge Network