View.Create.Callout Node

Hi,
I’m trying to understand how the above node works so that I can understand why I’m getting an error.
Note, the closest subject I could find on the forum is referenced here

My aim is to create callout views at a number of locations in the model. I can successful define the extent -(the rectangle) however I’m at a loss as to why the view type and view are not working? I imagine the view input is the view to be used to set the extents. The view type input establishes which type of view the callout will be. (II’m unsure about this?)
The errors as follows, “Warning: Views.CreateCallout operation failed. Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: View”

I’m not sure why it’s not working and I feel I’m misunderstanding what the node needs. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

@DynamoCanDo

1 Like

@salvatoredragotta

Thank you, this is exactly what I needed. It’s now clear to me how this node works.
I couldn’t find the “current view” node so I used the view selector and chose the view I was in. I did not use the “element type” node from archilab in my previous example. This is great. Thanks for the clear instruction. Now to experiment with placing these callouts on a sheet at desired locations. I’ll take a look in the forum before I try this out. I may post another topic soon about this.

Thanks again, all the best!

1 Like

Hi @salvatoredragotta sorry to bring this old topic up but I just attempted your instructions

above and I received a different kind of error that was discussed, I have attached a screen shot. Would you know how to fix this? I did use the select room element node instead, so I am hoping that is not causing the issue.

Many thanks

Hello @lr-PAYNE seems you feed in the room solids, try something here…PS this one here is already solved next time please create a new topic…happy new year :wink: