View BoundingBox is in a different location

I retrieved all associated views from an elevation marker (interior elevations). Upon attempting to obtain the bounding box of these views, I noticed that the bounding box geometry is located in a completely different area. I’m curious about the reason behind this discrepancy.
I am trying to find the location of the elevation markers for interior elevations and find the corresponding rooms.

Hi @ehsang Could u please have a look at where exactly those section are being cut and the view depth of the section for the exact location and if possible u could drop the sample file to have a look at it.

Regards,
BM

1 Like

probably something here could do that

1 Like

Thank you, Bharat and Sovtek.

Actually “View CropBox” node from the GeniusLoci package works perfectly and creates an exact Bounding box of the view. I don’t get why Dynamo native Element.BoundingBox does not match the location of the view.

Since, in most cases, the scope of the interior elevations goes beyond the walls, elements in view will capture those that are not in the same room with the elevation marker. So, my goal was to find a way to filter elements to the room where the marker exists. With “View CropBox” node from the GeniusLoci package I should be good.

I’m gonna guess it’s got something to do with project basepoint / survey point / internal origin coordinates being different, but i don’t know enough about how the different nodes work under the skin.