Elevation View in Room - Crop Problem

Hi, i’m having a problem with reliably creating elevation views with correct crops in rooms.

From my brief research on already resolved subjects on forum none really do touch on that topic, and mostly are from 2016/17 versions.

Now that nodes for ElevationMarker.ByViewTypeLocation and ElevationMarker.CreateElevationByMarkerIndex are OOTB it all should work smoothly, but of course it doesn’t.

Views are correctly placed in their locations, but weirdly 2 of 4 created ElevationViews are cropped way off both in Z axis and XY axis as seen below on images

also here seen in ViewPlan that it weirdly cropped completely outside room thats next to it. (all elements have room bounding on)

I’m getting same results with the old 2016 method which involved rotating around a line in Z axis as seen here

Am I doing something wrong?

Next I started to try and look for ways to crop an ElevationView to a boundingbox of a Room.

This is a complete mess, as using OOTB View.SetCropBox which uses boundingboxes doesn’t work because boundingbox of an elevation view is completely somewhere else in the coordination system, so this method seems to be working only for floorplans as seen below

Next path I tried to take was using another sweet OOTB node SectionView.ByBoundingBox but to my amusement all it produced when fed with boundingbox of a room is… a floorplan. So it produces a section view that is parallel to a revit Level :smiley: If you ever thought how to make revit Section into a Floorplan now you know.

Next way i’m thinking of is to take bottom surface of a room bounding box, create two lines intersecting in the middle and somehow proceed with SectionView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint to create sections as elevations views…

So now I’m lost, did anyone here had such a problem and could help out commanding these ElevationViews?

Todays attempt - creating section with SectionView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint also is stuck.

I used desired rooms bottom surface of its bounding box to extract two lines running across and then generate coordinate system at their startpoints. Then generate secondary point at width and height of the room, in opposite corner.

I’m getting this warning

Warning: SectionView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint operation failed.
The BoundingBoxXYZ is not appropriate for detail views. The basis vectors of must be unit length and orthonormal. The near and far bound offsets cannot be reversed or too close to each other. MinEnabled and MaxEnabled must be set to true for all three directions.
Parameter name: sectionBox

help

And now you know, surprise^^
[video-to-gif output image]

sorry can´t help on your topic :confused:
But can give it a try if you upload a dyn.

This is a complete mess, as using OOTB View.SetCropBox which uses boundingboxes doesn’t work because boundingbox of an elevation view is completely somewhere else in the coordination system, so this method seems to be working only for floorplans as seen below

I wasn’t even aware there was an OOTB node for that. I’ve used the Rhythm View.SetCropRegion for cropping elevations and it works fine. There’s also nodes in other packages to do the same thing.

Just note you may have to fiddle with the input levels and lacing on the node to get your desired outcome, I note yours are just default inputs and auto lacing, which may not be right depending on what your input lists of views and bounding boxes look like.

I’m also running into this exact problem. Did you ever manage to solve it? The bounding boxes into cuboids seems to align with the crop boxes in Dynamo background view. But then how do I draw rectangles aligned with each Elevation direction?

EDIT:
it seems if I put the elevationmarkers in the corner (room bounding box min point) with an offset, it can see my rooms better and doesn’t make the rooms too large. Because I was using the middle (solid.centroid) to place them before. But then it detected an opening in the wall (of a walk-in shower).

I can then move my elevation tags to the middle of the room once the views are created. Not ideal for sure and is still sensitive to errors. But it will do for now