UV Points in a Plan View - Publishing Coordinates

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a way to automate view placement on sheets. The basic idea is that I can create a list of coordinates on a sheet and place views based on pre-determined grid sizes. The issue I am running into, is creating a divided surface, or somehow extracting the center-points of a divided surface.

I really thing a divided surface would work well, but it is cumbersome because I need to reference an element in Revit.

On top of that, I can’t seem to get the divided surface faces in Revit once I’ve created a divided surface. The existing nodes are very limiting.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this? In Grasshopper, it would take me about 3-4 Minutes. In Dynamo, it has already cost me an hour. :frowning:

Cheers,
Matt

Sorry. Figured it out.

I was able to create points at the UV-parameters of the surface.

1 Like

So the solution I posed actually didn’t work. What I really wanted was the center point of each field.

This is what I ended up doing. (Very round-about way of getting a divided surfaces centroid.)

1. Create Boundary Surface
  2. Get Isocurves at UV-parameters (I used number sequences, not ranges. Ranges broke and wouldn’t compute the last value of irrational numbers.)
  3. Intersect UV-Curves and get order points
  4. Rebuild Polycurves from ordered points, explode polycurves, create point at midpoint of subcurves, and rebuild polycurves again (this time at the mid-point of each field edge
  5. Intersect Polycurves now running through the centroid of each field.
  6. Re-order points so that they are reading from left to right, and top to bottom.

Hi @m.owens

Nodes are not readable in your image. Try zooming in further and then use camera button (top-right) built into Dynamo - it screenshots the entire canvas. It will help others with similar query.

Thanks for the tip.

Nodes aren’t readable, but the contents of the nodes are…what am i doing wrong?

Using dynamo 1.3.3