Unable to install packages

So the organisation that I work for has a standard set of packages they frequently use and work with.
They created a .bat file to make the install for all users easy and quick.

However, after running the .bat file, I’m no longer able to add other packages.
I also can’t see the full folder path of where something goes wrong.

Anyone know how to solve this?

@Laura_BIMChick ,

is it maybe an IT-Question ? it is forbidden on your desktop to save stuff to APPDATA ?

Our IT-guy is out of office and I don’t know when he’ll be back so I wanted to ask the question here so I didn’t have to wait (endlessly) for a solution…

I would like to just undo the .bat file but I don’t really understand how they work so I don’t know if it’s possible and how, or if I can just delete some files in a certain folder,…

@Laura_BIMChick ,

is your package managened centralised ? in company folder ? it seems to be, when it is forbidden on to modify C:\

I assume so, but is there a way to undo it?

I found this in the dynamo settings, maybe removing this will work?

@Laura_BIMChick ,

you have for all this places rights, you can maybe temporary paste h:\ packages on your desktop(path) or wait for your IT :wink:

But copying them to my desktop doesn’t change the fact I can’t add more packages…

I sometimes had this issue too…but you could try download from Dynamo Packages

and place it in your user appfolder with packages…ps remember unblock the file after download…

@sovitek @Draxl_Andreas
Would reinstalling dynamo reset this problem? Is it possible to uninstall dynamo and then reinstall?

You cant uninstalll as Dynamo is shipped with Revit…anyway dont think its a Dynamo problem it sounds more as some IT security thing…but anyway i dont have any restrection and sometimes had the issue as well…probably the packagemanager is down in the moment you could give it a try later…perhaps;)

Okay but then is there a way to redirect it to a folder where I don’t have restrictions? When I removed the path to H:.… location, the error was still not solved… In the other paths I don’t have restrictions…

OK thats more a company problem i guess :wink: think you need a talk to the IT guys there;)

try adding another path where you do have access, and use the New Package Download Directory drop down to pick a path where new packages should be downloaded to.

1 Like

Omg this worked, it was because of the download path! In my previous screenshot you can see it was set to none, I selected the path from the dropdown and now I can download again!
Thanks!

1 Like