Unable to create solid between two topographies

Greetings everyone !
I’m trying to create a solid between two topographies like shown in in the screnshot below

I’ve created 2 polysurfaces frome the topographies by converting them to mesh using the spring nodes Mesh.ToPolySurface node . After that i’ve extruded the perimeter curve of thebottom mesh like sown below

Ive joined the extruded surfaces to a polysurface using the PolySurface.ByJoinedSurfaces node so now i have 3 polysurfaces . bottom one top one and the perimeter polysurface . Its all going as planned. But when i want to create a sold from the 3 polysurfaces i go using the Solid.ByJoinedSurfaces node i get the error " Surfaces could not be joined into a closed solid, even with refinement" Did i do something wrong ?

Here is my script

Thank you in advance !

Try merging into one polysurface, and give this node a try: Dynamo Dictionary

1 Like

I was thinking of DynamoMesh vs RevitMesh being the culprit, but maybe that is solved by now?

1 Like

@jacob.small
Thank you for your time good sir !
I merged the 3 polysurfcaes ( Top , bottom and lateral ) to form a new polysurface i than unsed the polySurface.ExtractSolids node as instructed but i got an empty list as a result ! as shown below

@Marcel_Rijsmus
The mesh is successfully converted to a polysurface so i don’t think thats the issue i tried converting it to a tkmesh using spring nodes package but in vain !

1 Like

Have you tried creating a solid with the perimeter curves of your poly surface pulled onto a plane and then slicing the solid afterwards with your poly surfaces?

2 Likes

It may be that there is a gap in one of the topographies. Try sending a smaller section and see if you can get a closure.

1 Like

Hi,

So, from memory, the method that worked best for me…

Get all the points, make a floor, add all the points to the floor, extract the solid…

The method doesn’t rely on geometric operations which can fail, the floor will always contain a solid.

Here is an example…

Hope that helps,

Mark

2 Likes

Hi !
Which package contains the Floor.Slabshapesbypoints node please

I think it’s in clockwork and unfortunately Dynamo’s text search isn’t returning ‘floor’ in it for some reason, but if you put in ‘Slab’ you’ll see it…

Hope that helps,

Mark

1 Like

Hello everyone so i managed to find the solution and here is how
After getting the polysurfaces of my 2 topographies i extruded the merimeter curves of my bottom topo as solid using the curve.ExtrudeAsSolid node than i split the solid with the top topography polysurface

Every reply was a big help ! Thanks to @Mark.Ackerley @Marcel_Rijsmus @jacob.small and @bayowindapo for your precious guidance ! i cant mark everybody’s reply as solution so am marking this one !
Peace !

5 Likes