Transforming Coordinate Systems For Geometric Objects

I was just reading a chapter on parametric design last night about the importance of controlling and transforming coordinate systems which I guess is why it’s on my mind as a possible way to solve this problem.

I’m actually attempting to orient surfaces correctly but simplifed the geometry as I worked through possible solutions. There seems scant information on the forums about how to align the line’s y-axis with the global z-axis. So far my attempts seem to move the line pretty randomly. I’m stuck at so many points even with this simplifed geometry I could really use the help if anyone has any suggestions or insight into how they might solve this issue.

Using CS, one way to do it would be like this:

2 Likes

Can also use Plane.XZ since it is only a line.
Will need to be more specific (regarding, the plane axes) when transforming surfaces and solids.

1 Like

Amazing amazing amazing.

I spent too much time getting a fancy iced coffee at Starbucks to fully fix my code when I had free time today but will keep plugging away to see if i can orientate the surfaces correctly with the information you’ve each kindly provided but it seems to have worked! Thank you!

1 Like

Hi Vikram, i was struggling with similiar problem and read your post here.
My post : Point Coordinate System

i tried your solution but in the end, it moved all points to same location.Is it not possible to align coordinate systems at several points to a specified coordinate system at defined point?